Don't forget to read the IMPROVED rules!

the esteemed first chapter of my soon to be novel, Shade Rune Sagas

dmkrodan

the esteemed first chapter of my soon to be novel, Shade Rune Sagas

Post by dmkrodan on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:55 pm

“…Setzer, this is not what Aurelia wanted,” Krodan protested to Setzer. Setzer shook his head. “Nonsense, if everyone obeys, and joins my Chroma, then they won’t fight each other. It’s what Aurelia wanted!” Setzer replied as he returned to look at his sister’s Chroma crystal. It was in front of the Origin Rune, and an image of Aurelia projected from the crystal. Setzer’s eyes lit up with determination.

Krodan was losing patience. “They couldn’t fight even if they wanted to. They wouldn’t feel anything. That’s not what Aurelia wanted! Can’t you see your plan is a misinterpretation of what Aurelia really wanted?” Krodan replied.

“No! This will take away strife. This is what Aurelia wants, and I will stop at nothing to get it!” Setzer was yelling now, and his left hand was balled into a fist.

“Humph,” was all Krodan said, and left the chamber. He continued to his own quarters, and opened the door. His room had an empty feeling, like any other place in the city within Selenterato. There were books scattered on the desk, and an armchair sat in the corner. There was only a dim purple light from the outside, that seeped through the cold walls like radiation, for there were no windows.

Krodan slumped on his chair and sighed. He couldn’t believe what Setzer was doing, and then decided to think about it later. Krodan grabbed the book he was reading before Setzer summoned him, and flipped through the pages easily to find where he left off.

Down on the Northern continent on Duril, a young woman, dressed in traveler’s clothes, was running. Her silver hair brushed her face, as she turned right where there was a light forest. Trees were becoming thicker, and helped obscure her for a few minutes. Not far behind, two men in armor were chasing her with whips in hand.

“Come back princess! Lord Xerek awaits you for his experiments!” one yelled. Elena glanced back and stuck out her tongue. The men gritted their teeth, and followed her into the thicket of trees. Looking around briefly, the young woman spotted a rock against the mountain close by. The rock was shaped like a rugged sphere, and a small hole was behind it.

She ran to it quickly, and noticed it was a cave behind the rock. The woman quickly placed her back against the wall and pushed with all her might. The rock budged slowly, and she wasn’t making much progress. Far off, she heard her pursuers.

“We’re going to find you, wench!” they called. The woman doubled her efforts, and moved the rock inch by inch until she could barely squeeze her body through. The woman had to duck her head to not hit the ceiling, and leaned against the side of the cave, breathing hard. Suddenly she heard footsteps close by.

“Did you find her?” one asked. “No, wait, what’s this rock. Wait, it’s a cave. She might be in here,” the other replied as the footsteps got louder. There was a shadow now, and the woman crouched low. The footsteps stopped, and a head quickly peered in the cave. The woman stopped breathing. The head scanned the cave quickly, and then left, not finding her. She sighed in relief, as she heard the man say that she wasn’t in there.

Back in Welgaia (pronounced Velgaia, it’s the name if the interplanar torus, donut shaped object, that spans the two planes), Krodan had not read more than a page of his book when his mind turned to Setzer and his ideas. “I shouldn’t have accepted Origin’s Plea just to make Setzer happy. It’s my fault the world is how it is,” he muttered to himself, as he placed his book back on the shelf. “If only there was a way I could wield Origin’s blade. Hm…”

Suddenly, Krodan heard padded footsteps, and looked up to see Adamasartus. He had white, short fur, with few large green spots. The Neozoan(creatures said to be the first in existence, they take many forms over their 10,000 year life span Adamasartus) sat in front of him and whined like normal. “Adamasartus,” Krodan said as he stroked his friend’s wing like ears.

Krodan returned to his thoughts. “The Ring of Oridium will work,” Krodan said to himself. “How can it be made? It’s not in Selenterato, it has to be on Duril,” Suddenly, weight pushed down on Krodan’s knee. Adamasartus had his head rested on his master’s knee. Krodan smiled. “Adamasartus, would it be wise to leave Setzer? If anyone is near me, they’ll be killed. Hm, Adamasartus, get my weapons and my bag, and meet me at the teleportation facilities.”

Adamasartus whined again, and ran out of the room. Krodan sat on his chair for a minute. “I’m going to save Duril myself, and with no sacrifices,” he promised himself as he left as well.

Krodan made his way quickly down the spiral staircase, and to the main hall. Chroma passed by without a word, their faces emotionless, and unchanging. There was a white dragon behind him; it was the guardian of Setzer’s chamber. Dragons were extremely rare anymore, as most had been wiped out in the wars on Duril. This dragon in particular sported one large horn that was similar to that of a unicorn’s, and its brain lobes were external. Krodan grimaced as he observed this passing by.

Adamasartus came not minutes after, and had a bundle in his mouth, and a bag on his back. Unwrapping the bundle, Krodan picked up the blade inside it. Its’ blade like a black flame, fanning out in many directions, but yet, though it was chaotic, Krodan could control the blade with his mind, allowing it to take any form he wished, because it was a Karach, formed from pure Dark matter, and it was the darkest thing that anyone could ever see. Krodan sheathed Vyte into his hilt, and then got the other sword, Krynge, which was resembled his family symbol, for it was his families’ sword, it contained extremely powerful energy, and still, even today, no one in his family has ever revealed all of its capabilities. He sheathed his defensive sword on the other hip, and headed for the teleportation chambers with Adamasartus at his side. Right when Krodan was about to leave, Setzer appeared in front of them.

“Krodan! Where are you going?” Setzer fumed. He was coming closer until he was next to Krodan. “Setzer, I cannot accept your idea of a Hive Mind, or allow sacrifices to be made. Setzer, I will save the worlds myself. I cannot wait any longer!” And with that said, Krodan disappeared. Setzer was dumbstruck. Krodan left? Is he against my ideals that much? Has he really broken my mind veil? He thought as he just stared at where Krodan was just seconds ago.

Copyright 2004 Austin Houchens aka Dmkrodan

Icky

Location : south of somewhere, north of nowhere, east of the end, west of the beginning

Re: the esteemed first chapter of my soon to be novel, Shade Rune Sagas

Post by Icky on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:01 pm

^-^ Very good!
    ._. just like the last time I read it. I think...
    dmkrodan

Post by dmkrodan on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:37 pm

AHAHAHA

i did post this once didn't I?

Perhaps i will also attempt to post a few of my short stories, in compensation for wasting your time, icky....

Icky

Location : south of somewhere, north of nowhere, east of the end, west of the beginning

Post by Icky on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:39 pm

I read it on your FictionPress account. lol
    dmkrodan

Post by dmkrodan on Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:58 pm

eek lol.
    Kazz

Post by Kazz on Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:26 pm

really good book.

PUBLISH PL0x!