Don't forget to read the IMPROVED rules!

So I heard they're legalising gay marriange in New Hampshire now.

Whatshername

So I heard they're legalising gay marriange in New Hampshire now.

Post by Whatshername on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:25 pm

What are your views on this?

Well, the first time I'd heard this, I'd said
    "IT'S ABOUT FUCKIN' TIME."
    Because, well, it's about fuckin' time.

What I have gathered from every post about gay marriage is usually those who hate the idea of gay marriage are divided into two large groups-
    -People who think it's disgusting
    and
    -Very very very strict Christians who think the Bible specifically states that being gay is wrong.
    Then there's a bunch of little categoriees for various reasons like how it "Ruins traiditional weddings" or some bull.
    Mostly by voting for the law of gay marriage to be vetoed they're saying "Maybe if I squeeze my eyes shut and wish that all the homosexual people in the world were straight, they will be..."
    Because... Dude, it won't DO anything.
    Gay men will still love men instead of women. Lesbians will love women instead of men.
    There's nothing you can do about it. It's the way things are.
    If you squeeze your eyes shut and slam the veto stamp down on gay marriage they'll still be there. For, like, ever.

To those who think it's disgusting... Grow up.
    To those who think God frowns upon it... Doesn't it say in the Bible that God loves all his creations? Doesn't that count homosexuals?

Sorry if that post was a bit... Long. I had a lot to say on the subject. Lol.

Icky

Location : south of somewhere, north of nowhere, east of the end, west of the beginning

Re: So I heard they're legalising gay marriange in New Hampshire now.

Post by Icky on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:53 pm

Ol' Whats-her-name wrote:To those who think God frowns upon it... Doesn't it say in the Bible that God loves all his creations? Doesn't that count homosexuals?.
    Concerning the above statement, who said that all of America is Christian? Marriage is a question of laws. There is a separation of church and state. If the Church doesn't want to let homosexual people get married, that's fine. They can do what they want. If the state doesn't want to let homosexual people get married because the Church doesn't want to, then we have a problem. To me this question boils down to whether or not the country is truly ready for a separation of church and state. The Christian population is, let's face it, shrinking. Because there are more religions present in America and those religions share separate viewpoints on gay marriage, the government has no place to outlaw gay marriage. This country was founded on the principle of freedom, whether that freedom is freedom of speech, freedom of religion, or freedom of expres​sion(I forget which Supreme Court case includes freedom of expression under freedom of speech). If we continue to outlaw gay marriage, we must as ourselves what our new foundation is and where freedom now stands.

I'll post a longer opinion when I get around to it...
    Whatshername

Post by Whatshername on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:12 pm

Icky wrote:
    Ol' Whats-her-name wrote:To those who think God frowns upon it... Doesn't it say in the Bible that God loves all his creations? Doesn't that count homosexuals?.
    Concerning the above statement, who said that all of America is Christian? Marriage is a question of laws. There is a separation of church and state. If the Church doesn't want to let homosexual people get married, that's fine. They can do what they want. If the state doesn't want to let homosexual people get married because the Church doesn't want to, then we have a problem. To me this question boils down to whether or not the country is truly ready for a separation of church and state. The Christian population is, let's face it, shrinking. Because there are more religions present in America and those religions share separate viewpoints on gay marriage, the government has no place to outlaw gay marriage. This country was founded on the principle of freedom, whether that freedom is freedom of speech, freedom of religion, or freedom of expres​sion(I forget which Supreme Court case includes freedom of expression under freedom of speech). If we continue to outlaw gay marriage, we must as ourselves what our new foundation is and where freedom now stands.

I'll post a longer opinion when I get around to it...

I don't mean America in general. I mean, porbably around half the people who voted no on gay marriage think so because they say the bible says it's wrong. o.o

Last edited by Ol' Whats-her-name on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : AROUND half... As far as I can see from several conversations on several websites about this subject...)
    chibiichigo

Post by chibiichigo on Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:45 pm

Oh noes, its infecting the states like interracial marriage, soon we'll all get aids! [/sarcasm]
    michelle

Post by michelle on Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:26 pm

Oh yeah, I think they're trying to pass that in New York too.
    Does it really matter? A guy loves another guy, and a girl loves another girl. It's not like it's the end of the world if they got married, right? I don't see why some people are sooo anti-gay.
    No offense.

Okay that was probably kinda offensive.
    chibiichigo

Post by chibiichigo on Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:00 pm

I hope to a god you werent talking to me.
    michelle

Post by michelle on Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:16 pm

Oh lol no I was replying to Bella.
    chibiichigo

Post by chibiichigo on Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:23 pm

good because i would of face palmed so hard...
    Whatshername

Post by Whatshername on Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:30 pm

Lol.

Clatz

Post by Clatz on Fri May 01, 2009 3:15 pm

Seperation of Church and State was coined innitially to keep the state out of the church, not the other way around (Though people twist our words anyways). You see, America didn't want one Mega-Church that lacked diversity, much like the church of Great Brittain, Americans didn't want governmental influence on the church, thus the separation came about.

The bible does say homosexuality is an abomination, but no where in it does it say something like "hey guys, let's stone these people to death! And don't let 'em marry!" Though oddly it seems many do believe it says that.

I myself don't aggree entirely with gay marriage, which is also to say I don't disagree entirely. Yes, I think marriage is more of a thing for men and women, but if two men or two women love eachother, and want to become one, I say go right ahead, I'm not stopping you, and no earthly being should be able to stop you either. After all, one of our Unalienable rights grants us the right to Pursue Happiness.

I just want the non-religious people to understand that not all Christians are homosexual haters. Jesus loved everyone, and Christians are supposed to live as Jesus did to the best of their ability. So the ones going around hating homosexuals and other people obviously don't seem to practice what they preach, and because of their actions, they seem to give all the rest of us a bad reputation.
    Whatshername

Post by Whatshername on Fri May 01, 2009 5:41 pm

Clatz wrote:I just want the non-religious people to understand that not all Christians are homosexual haters. Jesus loved everyone, and Christians are supposed to live as Jesus did to the best of their ability. So the ones going around hating homosexuals and other people obviously don't seem to practice what they preach, and because of their actions, they seem to give all the rest of us a bad reputation.

Right. I know. Some of the bestest friends I've ever had are Christian and they're totally into gay rights and don't mind that I don't believe in what they believe.
    {Well, one's catholic, but you get the point.}

Clatz

Post by Clatz on Fri May 01, 2009 10:11 pm

Ol' Whats-her-name wrote:
    Clatz wrote:I just want the non-religious people to understand that not all Christians are homosexual haters. Jesus loved everyone, and Christians are supposed to live as Jesus did to the best of their ability. So the ones going around hating homosexuals and other people obviously don't seem to practice what they preach, and because of their actions, they seem to give all the rest of us a bad reputation.

Right. I know. Some of the bestest friends I've ever had are Christian and they're totally into gay rights and don't mind that I don't believe in what they believe.
    {Well, one's catholic, but you get the point.}

Well yeah, and Catholicism is actually a denomination of Christianity. For some reason i too thought there was a bigger difference back in the day.
    Katlin

Post by Katlin on Thu May 07, 2009 5:43 pm

I'm Catholic and I really don't care if a person is gay or elizbien (I forget how to spell it) and like seriously it doesn't matter! everybody has their wat of marriage so I think that gay marriage should be allowed.
    chibiichigo

Post by chibiichigo on Thu May 07, 2009 6:40 pm

Woo! We just won MAINE! *Waves my copy of MILK*
    Lilly
    Admin

Post by Lilly on Thu May 07, 2009 7:13 pm

They're people, they love, they should have the rights to marry whoever they want.
    blizen

Post by blizen on Sat May 09, 2009 6:34 pm

Liliy wrote:I'm Catholic and I really don't care if a person is gay or elizbien (I forget how to spell it) and like seriously it doesn't matter! everybody has their wat of marriage so I think that gay marriage should be allowed.

is this becaus eur a lezbian urself lizy x3

but jokes aside people are the same inside and out-is now bleeding inside-
    so go for it lezbian GO FOR IT ^^
    michelle

Post by michelle on Sat May 09, 2009 6:57 pm

._. My mom's afraid the human population will die out if there are gays and lesbians
    o.o;;
    Lilly
    Admin

Post by Lilly on Sat May 09, 2009 8:15 pm

Oh please. We've got 6 billion people here. And were OVERpopulated.
    michelle

Post by michelle on Sat May 09, 2009 8:53 pm

I know, right?
    SkylerOcon

Post by SkylerOcon on Wed May 13, 2009 4:54 pm

michelle wrote:._. My mom's afraid the human population will die out if there are gays and lesbians
    o.o;;

Your mom is quite wrong. We can expect to see an increase in gays and lesbians (well, not an actual increase, just more of the people out of the closet), but nearly everybody will still be heterosexual. Not to mention that you don't need to love somebody to make a baby with them -- somebody's sperm doesn't magically obtain the ability to impregnate somebody so long as that person loves them. I could get any female of age pregnant if I wanted (I don't).

Ducki. wrote:Oh please. We've got 6 billion people here. And were OVERpopulated.

Not at all, actually. The current population of Earth, and all people who are already did could fit on Long Island. That's not overpopulation at all.
    chibiichigo

Post by chibiichigo on Wed May 13, 2009 6:23 pm

blizen wrote:
    Liliy wrote:I'm Catholic and I really don't care if a person is gay or elizbien (I forget how to spell it) and like seriously it doesn't matter! everybody has their wat of marriage so I think that gay marriage should be allowed.

And you want to film her and her lover right bliz?
    blizen

Post by blizen on Wed May 13, 2009 7:00 pm

chibiichigo wrote:
    blizen wrote:

NO ONE LIKES A MIND READER DOOD!

this is the place where we should be serios right...so i actually "dont" wanna do that but i'm in support of lezbian activities.
    Danneh

Post by Danneh on Wed May 13, 2009 7:01 pm

blizen wrote:
    chibiichigo wrote:
    blizen wrote:

NO ONE LIKES A MIND READER DOOD!

this is the place where we should be serios right...so i actually "dont" wanna do that but i'm in support of lezbian activities.
    Typical male; supporting woman on woman but fearing guy on guy.

They're the same thing, fool; either you support both or neither. >>;
    blizen

Post by blizen on Wed May 13, 2009 7:10 pm

no danneh(comming from a bi guy) its not typical!
    i care not of what "gey" guys and i acually dont care too much about what lezbians do cuz i dont care too muich about what i do myself lol

so w/e is w/e and changes dont come even when you ask for them so NYEH
    geys go be geys and lezbians do your oh so sweet lezbian things
    Danneh

Post by Danneh on Wed May 13, 2009 7:12 pm

*scratches head* You... completely changed your story up...

*shrug* Meh, oh well-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:44 am