Don't forget to read the IMPROVED rules!

Okay, so here's my problem

Danneh

Okay, so here's my problem

Post by Danneh on Mon May 17, 2010 10:37 pm

So my best friend's talking about smoking weed once, just to try it. Call me a goody-two-shoes, a complete purist, a "prude" if you will, but I immediately flew off the handle, in a sense. I told her "No, don't do it, that shit's bad for you and you know it". She just shrugged my protests off, likely just thinking I'm overreacting, and told me "It couldn't be that bad".

So I tried to forget about it, and I did, only to have it brought back up again. Now it's bugging me, I can't sleep, can't stop worrying about her, can't stop punching myself in a mental sense for not being able to stop her, etc.

So I ask you, what the hell am I supposed to do about this? Just sit there and quietly worry about her, blow up in her face about it (not like that would help)? Maybe just get stoned myself to the point where I'll be enjoying it too? >>;

tl;dr: If someone you care about wanted to do something that seemed fun to them but you knew they'd regret it later, but you knew you couldn't stop them, what would you do?
    Icky

Location : south of somewhere, north of nowhere, east of the end, west of the beginning

Re: Okay, so here's my problem

Post by Icky on Tue May 18, 2010 9:08 am

When it comes to weed, I let my friends know how I feel. My closest friends, I tell them that I'm not sure I could be their friend if they smoked weed.

I would suggest compiling a list of facts about why weed is bad. Follow it up with other people's stories about how they regretted smoking weed. And tell her that you truly care about her.

I might be able to come up with more later, but that's what I have for now. You could try Above the Influence and see what they have to say.

Also, there was a girl in my English 015 class who wrote a research paper on marijuana. She originally was going to write about how it was safe, but as she did more research, she realized it was really dangerous. For example, it does indeed have a tendency to get people into harder drugs because they have to purchase the drug from a drug dealer who has connections with other druggies and also has harder drugs.

All in all, why bother trying something when you know it's bad? Do I try to rob a bank even though I know it's bad for me? No. Do I touch high-voltage electric fences even though I know it's bad for me? No.
    Do I jump off of bridges just to see what it's like? No. Why make an exception for weed.

Post by Danneh on Tue May 18, 2010 7:46 pm

So if I try all of that and she still doesn't listen to me, what can I do? I don't want to just resign her fate to a possible addiction. =/

I understand she only wants to try it once, but I also understand that one try is all it really takes to hook you. And knowing her, she isn't the most strong-willed individual...

Honestly, I feel helpless, even useless. If I try all this and it still doesn't change her mind... what then?
    Icky

Location : south of somewhere, north of nowhere, east of the end, west of the beginning

Post by Icky on Tue May 18, 2010 10:40 pm

I am not really sure. I've never been faced with this situation. Just keep trying?

Post by Whatshername on Wed May 19, 2010 5:12 pm

Truthfully if I were you I'd be like "Once? K, whatever"
    :C maybe I'm just a bad friend.

What Icky said would work. o3o Just try not to make a huge deal out of it, I guess. If you make a big deal out of it so will she, and she'll be more likely to do it.

I guess.

./doesn'tknowwhatshe'stalkingaboutlol
    Danneh

Post by Danneh on Wed May 19, 2010 7:36 pm

Well, I convinced her not to try it.

All it took was me bringing up the fact that my family (i.e. my mother and I) hate drug users and mom probably wouldn't let me hang out with her if she did it.

Thanks.
    Icky

Post by Icky on Wed May 19, 2010 7:39 pm

I'm glad it worked out for you, Danny. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:43 am